A Somatic Movement experience to help get yourself back in balance and enjoy a more active lifestyle.
with Alan Franzi and sponsored by the JCC of New Haven
Join us March 8, 2021 at 10 AM for a FREE WORKSHOP to experience what Somatic Movement Therapy can do for you!
Click on this link to join us. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82497292420
The class series begins on Monday, March 15th!
Mondays, March 15 – April 19 – 6 sessions
10:00 AM – 11:00AM
Member Rate:Series: $99, Per Class: $20
Community (Non-Member) Rate:
Series: $120 Per Class: $25
According to Thomas Hanna, founder of Clinical Somatic Education, many of the effects of aging – stiff aching muscles and joints, stooped posture, stiffness and weakness – are unnecessary and reversible. These problems are not due to structural weaknesses in the body but to unconscious habitual muscular tension which leads to lost healthy movement (sensory-motor amnesia) which can be restored.
Click here for a brief overview:
In this class you will:
- Learn and build upon the principles and practices of Somatic Movement Education
- Enjoy gentle, slow movements that focus on the internal sensation of movement that will progress you toward moving well in whatever activity you love to do
- Address and treat chronic musculoskeletal imbalances to help alleviate the musculoskeletal cause of back pain, disc problems, joint pain, kyphosis, lordosis, scoliosis, sciatica, iliopsoas syndrome, osteoarthritis, uneven leg length, to name a few
- Learn exercises that release the lower back, hips, abdominals, obliques, shoulders, iliopsoas muscle, and more
- Improve posture, mobility, balance, body awareness, and muscular control
- Support the reduction of unconsciously held stress, anxiety, and improve sleep and breathing
- Develop simple lifelong skills for self-care that help to regain and improve overall muscle control and awareness and create a more comfortable relationship with your body.