Special Saturday Morning "Pain Free Yoga, Somatic Movement & Posture Series"
This special class/workshop series a non-medical functional and postural approach of corrective exercise and movement from Yoga and the therapeutic arts to address challenging chronic pain and movement concerns. Scroll down for more information.
Yoga and Functional Movement for Posture Alignment, Pain Relief & Stress Management(aka "Pain-Free" Posture)
At: The Shoreline Center for Wholistic Health
35 Boston St, Guilford, CT (and online simulcast via Zoom)
Winter 2024 series: February 17 - March 23, 2024(6 weeks)
- (“Hybrid”–In-Studio and Online)
- 9:30 – 11:00 am
- $102 for the 6 week series.
- $21.00 drop in per class—- Join or drop in anytime!
Please contact us by phone at (203)488-1700 or by email at email@example.com if you have acute or ongoing pain or injury concerns, any questions or for any help you might need to access the class.
You can pre-pay with using Paypal,, Zelle, or Venmo. For Venmo my user name is @creativeedgeyoga and follow the prompts. For Paypal my username to pay is firstname.lastname@example.org . You should see my name, maybe my photo so you will know it is me. A transaction fee may be involved if you use a credit card on Venmo and Paypal
"Learn how repetitive stress injury, back pain, tennis elbow, bursitis, arthritis, low energy, dizziness, and a full array of other chronic conditions may all have musculoskeletal misalignment as their root cause. Acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain can take the joy out of our most cherished activities. For some, it is a distressing inconvenience; for others, pain symptoms can change lives, negatively impacting recreational activities, mood and stress levels, relationships, job performance, and ultimately threatening livelihoods. Come here to discover how proper motion can be the potion to address the non-medical root causes of pain. Join others who have taken the first step toward pain-free living.
Enjoy this unique synthesis of the ancient practices of Yoga informed and inspired by a range of therapeutic exercise-related somatic neuromuscular movement disciplines and the postural paradigm of Pete Egoscue. This class is designed to help you:
- Learn how and why postural misalignment is the cause of so much musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction.
- Enjoy simple, accessible, and pleasant functional Yoga and movement sequences designed to help you restore alignment balance and enhance awareness to support systematically eliminating the musculoskeletal dysfunctions at the root of chronic pain.
- Improve overall movement strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Enjoy relaxing meditation and imagery practices to support your road to awareness and healing.
- Receive ongoing guidance and support to uncover obstacles that can arise on your journey toward wellness.
- Come to understand that an active, meaningful life is possible throughout life.
Join us today to take your first step toward pain-free living!
***The information provided in this article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in this article.Please note that the results of any Yoga, meditation, or other therapeutic or exercise work may vary. Read our disclaimer for more information.